Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy new year

I haven't been up for blogging lately, not like me I know. Sometimes it's like you can't shut me up. Last week I had my boss's wake and service, it was beautiful, but it was one of the hardest times in my life. Rachel was an amazing young woman, a boss, a mentor, and a friend.
At only 36 she had a beautiful family, a loving husband and adorable daughter. She also had done so much in business, gotten her masters and won many business awards, including being named one of the capital region's 40 under 40. She achieved so much in her young life and they're going to be some hard shoes to fill. I said that to her husband Paul at the wake on Thursday night. He looked at me and told me about the day she told him she had decided to hire me and how excited and sure she was. He reminded me how much faith she had in me.
I've been reading everyone's Facebook status' about 2012 good or bad and how they're ready for 2013. I didn't post one this year, you know the expression to hell and back? That's what 2012 was though I'm not sure I've hit the back yet.
Rachel was the strongest woman I've ever met. She faced every challenge head on with faith and unwavering optimism. The best compliment she ever gave me was that I reminded her so much of a young her. I feel so unsteady going into 2013, it's an unknown, I feel like I have no idea where I'm headed, but I know one thing. If the strongest woman I have ever met thought I was anything like her.... Then I will make it through.

And though she be but little, she is fierce. -Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment