Sunday, January 20, 2013

Eggnog cheesecake

For Christmas this year I made eggnog cheesecake! It was one of my best cheesecakes ever, and even people who don't really like straight up eggnog (even I only like it in small doses) ate it like nobodies business. Since this is one of my made up recipes, but it's a variation on my regular cheesecake, I'll share my recipe here! As I've said before one of the secrets to my cheesecake is mixing all my ingredients in a food processor to make it extra smooth. For this cheesecake I used a gram cracker crust (normally I prefer vanilla wafers) I just grind them up in the food processor and mix it with some melted butter before spreading it out in a greased springform pan. Then I toast the crust in the ovens for about 10 minutes at 400 to get it golden brown.
So here is the eggnog cheesecake recipe, it was super yummy and a bit addicting. Just combine all of the following ingredients into your food processor and blend. 3 bricks of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 2 cups of eggnog, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and a generous pinch of nutmeg. I did the nutmeg to taste so to speak and it was probably two good size pinches since this will make a large 10" cheesecake. I also don't water bath my cheesecake, I just cook the, in the oven at 425 for 25 minutes and then turn the oven off. Don't take the cheesecake out, don't open the oven, just leave it in there for 45 minutes. At that point you should be able to pick it and have the pick come out clean and as long as you don't move it I don't tend to have cracks.
Sorry I don't have a better photo of the cheesecake, it got eaten and devoured and then divided up for people to take home. I was told it tasted just like eggnog and better in some cases because it was appreciated by people who don't even normally like eggnog.
I hope you enjoyed, this is as close as you will ever get to my cheesecake recipe, because that's one I plan to save until I have my own kids to pass it on to, I won't even tell my mother or family members exactly how I make it!


No comments:

Post a Comment