Monday, November 12, 2012

Farmers market Sunday

So Sunday is quickly becoming my favorite day of the week because I get to head to the schenectady green market. It's very relaxing and then I get to pick out new treats and plan some fun cooking for the day or the week.
Here are a few photos of my haul. As usual I got a pack of my favorite lemon thyme cookies and dream puff marshmallows. This week they had a couple different flavors of marshmallows available, Guinness, blackberry Cabernet, frilly vanilly, and chocolate mousse. I went with the blackberry Cabernet and they were very yummy. They smelled amazing, just like wine. I swear this winter I'm going to try my hand at homemade marshmallows so stay tuned.
I also got sweet potatoes, apples, shallots, Seckel pears which are these tiny yummy pears. They are firm, but they looked so darn cute I had to buy a couple to try them out. I also bought some acorn squash and more if the venison snack sticks with cheese that I picked up from the market a few weeks ago. The venison snack sticks are a great treat, not to spicy, especially the ones with the cheese which mellows them out a bit.
In the next day or two you'll get a couple postings showings exactly what I did with all these yummy fresh foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment