Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sweet Sue's

A couple Sunday's ago dad and I drove over to troy NY to check out what was going on at the Troy Victorian stroll. It was a rather quiet visit, but I did get the chance to go to Sweet Sue's a bakery that opened up downtown earlier this year.
I actually took my class in petite fours at the arts center with sue as the instructor so I had been hoping to catch them open the next time I was in Troy. It wasn't exactly what I had expected, they had. Lot more treats like candy and candy apples and very little ready to eat baked goods. You can check out her website http://sweetsuesweets.com/
I bought dad a slice of carrot cake (which for some unknown reason he loves) he said the cake was good and as you can see was a very large slice. He said "it is a meal unto itself!"
I tried a pumpkin pie cupcake, for which I had high expectations, but honestly I wasn't a huge fan of. It looked pretty, but if you look at the photo of it half eaten you can see, it was really just a spice cake with a hole in the top filled with what tasted like canned pumpkin filling. Then it had whipped cream instead of frosting.
I have already envisioned an improved version with a pumpkin spice cake and using my cream cheese cool whip frosting to give it a bit more body.
It looked like a nice place to go buy some candy or treats as a gift, and I know she also does some nice cakes, but stopping in for a snack will not be on my list again in the near future.





No comments:

Post a Comment