Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Let's talk about....

Cheesecake! This week I used my meeting group at the local chamber of commerce as guinea pigs for a brownie bottom cheesecake I've been wanting to try. I did not get any complaints, of course I am my own worst critic, but I think with some slight tweaking in cooking time this has some serious potential.
I poured my salted caramel sauce on top to add some extra flavor too and garnished it with a sprinkle of course sea salt as well. The caramel was a little firmer than I would have liked, so I have to use a hot knife to slice it.
I used box brownie mix (I was on a time budget) don't judge me. I chose Betty Crocker dark chocolate fudge brownies. I mixed up one box and poured it in my springform pan. Since brownies bake a different temp than cheesecake this is where you need to get creative.
I put the brownie layer in the oven at 325 for 25 minutes. Then I pulled it out and poured the cheesecake on top. You have to be careful to pour the cheesecake in layers and spread it out over the pan so you don't dent the brownie layer. I was worried about the cakes swirling, but if you pour the cheesecake slowly they stay separate.
Then I upped the oven to 400 and put the whole thing back in the oven for 25 minutes and then shut off the oven. Don't open the door! Leave it in the oven with the temp off for another 25 minutes. A that point you should be good to go and cool your cheesecake. Then drizzle or coat with a topping, caramel, chocolate sauce... You choose.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment