Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yoshi sushi

So now that my office is in a new area I had to find new places to get lunch from. I decided to try out yoshi sushi on rt 9 in latham ny as they were recently the recipients of a glowing review in the local newspaper.
I ordered takeout, but they do have a small seating area as well as a few shelves of Japanese items you can purchase.
Yoshi and his wife have been open since 1998 and it was classic fresh sushi. Not too much frill or pomp, but a focus on quality ingredients. They were very nice and lunch was reasonable, and I will be ordering from them again!
I got two rolls which seemed to make it a lunch special (the online menu was hard to read, but they sent me back to my office with a much better takeout menu) so I got two rolls, miso soup, a salad with ginger dressing, and a can of soda for $15 including a tip.
I got a bamboo roll- eel, cucumber, and avocado. The second one was just a plain salmon roll (I wanted to try something without sauces or other flavors so I could see the quality)

Here's the website I highly recommend you check it out!
http://yoshisushialbany.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment