Thursday, September 27, 2012

St patty's day

So this is a bit late, but I just came across this photo from st pats day this year. I made corned beef and cabbage for my whole office, this was all I had left to take home and I made two big briskets. The best compliment I got was from one of my friends who's grandma makes it every year, but since she moved she wasn't able to enjoy it. She said it was as good if not better than grandmas.
I put the two briskets in my crock pot with a big bottle of Guinness and a cup and a half of brown sugar. I let the corned beef cook overnight. Then I transported it to work and took out the brisket, tossed the potatoes and carrots in for 2 hours. Last but not least I threw the cabbage in for the last hour letting all the veggies cook in the beer juice. Perfect and will now be a tradition at my house it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment