Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Drunken strawberry shortcake!

Had Easter dinner with mom and dad this year and for once I didn't have to cook. I did insist on baking cake for dessert, there was only the 3 of us but it was delicious. I was lazy do I just used cake mix but here is the recipe for my fluffy cream cheese frosting. I've gotten requests and passed the recipe on so I thought I would post it all here. I promise it's a super easy and yummy alternative to sweet frostings. Its the same frosting I used on my lemon cake as well.

Ingredients

1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 cups cool whip (original not generic)

All you do is soften the cream cheese, the easiest way is to leave it in the foil and put it on top of the stove while you bake the cake. Then you whip the cream cheese and sugar together in a food processor or electric mixer.
Then mix in the 2 cups of cool whip and put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Then you just go to town and frost the cake!
One more quick tip the edging I did was done just using a plastic bag with the corner cut off!

No comments:

Post a Comment