Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Drunken strawberries

So here is the easy recipe for the strawberry part of my drunken shortcake listen below. I like to do a layer of strawberries on top and in between the layers of cake.

Go out and buy a bottle white wine, I prefer Glenora Cayuga white which is a NYS finger lakes region wine and probably my favorite wine. I always stock up on Glenora wines when I go to the Finger Lakes wine festival.
Then slice up some strawberries, I do thin slices so it doesn't disrupt the layers of the cake. And put them all in a bowl, for two layers of strawberries on 9" round cakes I used 2 quarts of strawberries. Then I pour the wine over the strawberries and mix in a 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Mix them with a spoon, coating the berries with sugar and wine.
Then you let them soak overnight in the fridge. Super easy! Drain the berries and put them on your cake. And don't toss out all that juice from the wine and berries!!! Trust me it tastes delicious, just drink it on moderation since it can sneak up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment